Sunday, September 30, 2012

A Sneak Peek

 Thursdays are typically my day to be in the clinic but last week people were healthy and I wasn't needed. YAY! So I was fortunate enough to have the house to myself for several hours. Initially I had planned to go to the art gallery where I can glaze my pottery but Ed was out of town so that was not an option. I can get easily overwhelmed if I don't have any direction when I am trying to be creative and that can be disastrous resulting in a completely wasted day. It can also cause my projects to become of mammoth proportion and that's exactly what happened on Thursday. While in Nashville I bought a craft book (surprise, surprise) about doodling. The above Zentangle type doodle came from the new book and I used watercolor to wash over the drawing once I was satisfied with what was on the paper.
 A few months ago I purchased 3 pieces of bamboo at a farmer's market in Jonesborough. Originally they were going to be poles for a semi-covered area in my backyard. That's another thing that happens a lot, objects are purchased for one purpose but turn into something completely unrelated. C'est la vie.
So far this creative endeavor has taken about 4 hours and as you can see the project isn't complete and it may be a while before it is fully transformed. I have a couple of ideas in my head as to what the end result could be but I would be interested in any ideas you have! This has been fun and I'm really excited to see the end result. In the mean time have a brownie!

1 comment:

  1. Great projects Rachel
    I LOVE your doodle and I can't wait to see how the bamboo stakes turn out.
    ~Jil

    ReplyDelete