Thursday, December 13, 2012

Tree Trimming


I'm sure everyone is feeling the holiday crunch. Shopping, planning, tying up loose ends and all the other things that go along with this time of year. Our elf, Jack Charlie, has made his way to our house and is getting into all sorts of trouble. That's how we officially know Christmas is almost here......that and the fact we wait until 2 weeks before Christmas to "decorate".

Last week we made the journey to North Carolina to pick out our tree. It's funny how much deliberation takes place in a field of evergreens. It seems Andrew's only requirement is it needs to be big! Lance of course is the voice of reason and I just wait until one speaks to me. So we settled on the one above and away we went. Look closely......does anything seem odd? You guessed it we have 2 different colors of lights on our tree. We ran out of clear lights half way through the process so I had to made a trip to Wal-Mart. After 2 attempts (at 8:30pm) to find clear lights I made an executive decision. I think it's a perfect representation of the people who live in this house. Lance and Jacob are reserved with a calming presence. Andrew has a big personality and is full of life. Then of course there's me, random, unorganized and completely comfortable being just a little bit different. Hope your holidays are shaping up nicely and if you desire a little creative inspiration stop by my other craft blog!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful tree and I love the way that it represents the people in the house. Are the four legged family members represented in there too? :)
    ~Jil

    ReplyDelete